Grilled Vegetable Orzo…mmm… here’s a quick Q&A on this side dish that might help you decide if you want to try it (which you will).
- Is it vegetarian? yes
- Can you substitute different vegetables? yes
- If you don’t have a grill, can you broil or saute the vegetables? yes
- Can you use dried herbs instead of fresh? yes
- Can you adjust the seasonings to your taste? yes
- Can you make this in 30 minutes? yes
- Can you make it well ahead of serving time? yes
- Can you add some grilled chicken, tofu or meat to the dish to make it a full meal? yes
- Can it successfully be served to a large group? yes
- Does it taste great? yes
- Does it taste great the next day? yes
- Is it easy to make? yes
Well.. enough said. Grilled Vegetable Orzo is an easy, make ahead, dish that is a wonderful change from the usual rice or potato sides. It’s best to use the recipe as a guide, varying the vegetables and seasonings as you like. Just keep tasting and adjusting. You won’t be disappointed. Serves 4-5.
- Grilled Vegetable Orzo can be made several hours ahead or even a day or two before serving. Just bring to room temperature or warm in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
- Add fresh ripe mango or peach cubes – so good!
- Add grilled chicken, beef or tofu cut into bite size pieces to make a one- dish meal
- Vary or add other vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms