- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 6m
- Total Time: 26m
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 apples (Fuji, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady)
- 3 large scallions (green onions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (garnish)
Honey Lime Dressing/Glaze
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Heat grill to medium high.
- PREPARE SWEET POTATOES: Pierce sweet potatoes in several places with a sharp knife. Microwave for about 5 minutes or until knife pierces through easily (potatoes should not be too soft - they need to hold up on the grill where they will cook a bit more). Peel potatoes by slicing skin off the sides with a knife. Cut horizontally into 1/2 inch slices.
- PREPARE APPLES: Wash apples and cut them horizontally into 1/2 inch slices. Remove middle core from each slice. (Note, if you have an apple corer, core apple first, then slice).
- PREPARE THE GLAZE/DRESSING: Combine dressing/glaze ingredients using a small whisk. Taste and adjust to your own taste adding more lime, salt, honey, etc. You will use some glaze/dressing during the grilling stage and the rest to drizzle on the salad when assembled.
- OIL POTATOES, APPLES, SCALLIONS - THEN GRILL: Lay scallions, apples and potatoes on a pan lined with foil (for easy cleanup). Brush with oil on both sides. Grill all vegetables 2-3 minutes on one side until charred marks appear. Flip to the other side and brush with glaze. Continue cooking on second side about 2-3 minutes until potatoes and apples are tender (but not mushy). Scallions will take less time to cook. Glaze the second side and transfer to a pan.
- ASSEMBLE AND SERVE. Cut apples in half. You can leave the sweet potato disks whole or cut them in half. Cut the scallions in 1-2 inch pieces. Pile sweet potatoes, scallions and apples onto a platter or shallow bowl. Drizzle with remaining glaze/dressing. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or at room temperature. If making ahead, you can warm it in the microwave on High for 2 minutes if desired.