- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Salmon and Salad
- 1 pound salmon (about 2-3 fillets)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 3 cups baby romaine lettuce (or other greens)
- 1 cup roughly chopped asparagus spears
Tomato Citrus Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half (or chopped plum tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons juice from lemon
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsely (garnish)
- 2 tablespoons roasted nuts (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- MAKE THE QUINOA: Rinse quinoa under running water. Place rinsed quinoa, salt and water in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes until water is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- ROAST THE SALMON: While the quinoa is cooking, line a pan with foil and spray with oil. Place salmon and asparagus on the pan and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle asparagus with a teaspoon of oil. Spread sweet Thai chili sauce on top of salmon. Roast for 9-11 minutes (estimate 10 minutes per inch of thickness) just until salmon is cooked through but still slightly translucent on the inside for medium rare.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: While salmon is cooking, heat oil on medium in a saucepan. Add all other sauce ingredients and cook for about 3 minutes just until tomatoes start to break down a little. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- PLATE THE SALMON SALAD: In a wide mouth bowl, place baby romaine lettuce. Top it with quinoa and asparagus. Remove skin on salmon (if there is any) and break salmon into bite sized pieces. Lay it over the top. Drizzle about half the warm tomato citrus sauce over the salmon. Garnish with parsley and roasted nuts. Pass the rest of the sauce at the table.