If you like the combination of sweet, spicy, garlic and citrus, you’ll love this Spicy Honey-Lime Chicken recipe. I have made it with chicken skewers (as originally intended) but my first choice would be boneless thighs – skewered or not – because they are so flavourful, they absorb the marinade well and they tend to stay moister than breasts. I think the recipe would also work well with pork skewers, tenderloin or chops.
Here are a couple of tips for this recipe:
- Use shortcuts if you want e.g.
- instead of grating ginger and garlic, you can use the mini frozen cubes as seen in our “Make My Life Easier in the Kitchen” Tips.
- or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for the fresh garlic.
- blend the marinade with a whisk instead of a blender or food processor.
- The recipe can be made ahead for a crowd and served at room temperature.
- For appetizers, cut the chicken into small pieces and thread on small wooden skewers or toothpicks.
- The original recipe calls for 1 1/2 tablespoons of sriracha. That is way too spicy for me, so I reduced the amount in my recipe to 1 tablespoon. It’s still has a good kick, but if you’re they type to drown your food in hot sauce, by all means, add some more. Or reduce the sriracha even further if you need to.
This recipe was adapted from the original recipe by Jennifer Segal at Once Upon a Chef. Thank you!